Today we are presenting the culmination of several months of campaigning to ANU Council. They are meeting this morning, and on the agenda is a “responsible investment policy”.
But the policy is too vague to divest fossil fuels, and Vice Chancellor Ian Young declined to hold a formal consultation process.
So we did it for him.
These 47 pages include:
● 586 signatures on our petition to date;
● 52 written submissions from individuals;
● Written submissions from the Conservation Council ACT, Australian Youth Climate Coalition ACT, and The Wilderness Society Newcastle;
● Statements of support from ANUSA SRC,NTEU ACT Division, and ANU’s
Environmental Management & Planning Committee;
● A video submission from Auntie Pamela Smith, an elder from Gomeroi
country in North West NSW, the area of coal seam gas operations by
● More than 50 photo submissions;
● A comprehensive brief on the case for fossil fuel divestment from the ANU.
Click here to read the report: